How to get there on Rwanda safari to Akagera National Park
• The drive distance from Kigali to Akagera National Park is 135km about 2 ½ hour’s drive.
• The drive from Rwamagana / Kibungo – the main town in the East of Rwanda to Akagera National Park is 1 hour drive.
• The park can be accessed through the two gates in the southern and northern side respectively.
• The 4X4 Vehicle is recommended for the drive to Akagera National Park especially in the dry season.
• The travelers on Safari in Rwanda can as well reach Akagera National Park by public means. One takes a public taxi from Kigali to Kayonza and Kibungo. The taxis operate every day. From there, one can get a private hire or use the Motorcycle to reach the Park.